Epic App privacy supplement
Epic App is a service that offers you a tool for self-help functionality over an application through which you can purchase bundles, top-up, check credit balance and also pay bills.
When you download or use Epic App, information may be accessed from or stored on your device. This will let it operate and function as well as remember you.
To provide you with the service, communicate with you and to work to improve our services, we will need to collect information about your device (for example, type, unique identifiers, its operating system, for example if you’re using 3G or 4G, etc.), app ID and information about your use of the app. Additional information may also be collected, see Personal Information we collect about you section in this policy and as we may also use Epic app for marketing see Marketing & tailoring our service to you section in this policy.
Epic app will set out the preferences it requires to operate, some of which you may be able to opt out. Epic app may require access to your device’s location data (not for marketing purposes) and device may also be set to send push notifications as a default setting. You may amend device location collection and push notifications directly on your device’s app settings, however, it may affect the functionality of certain services of the Epic App.
Epic Online Shop Privacy Supplement
This privacy statement (‘Statement’) explains the information that is collected by us when you access and use our epic Online Shop (www.epic.com.mt) “Online Shop” and purchase goods and services (collectively referred to as ‘products’) through the same.
Our Online Shop may contain links to other websites. This privacy statement applies only to the Online Shop so when you access links to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
We take the privacy of our users very seriously. We ask that you read this privacy statement carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
Created privacy notice & updated cookie notice
We have created this privacy supplement to meet legal requirements and updated our cookie notice to cover new cookies deployed on the site.
In this policy, we explain how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you access or use the Online Shop and purchase goods and services through the same.
Who we are
- “we/us/ our or Epic” means Epic Communications Limited;
- “third party” means someone who is not you or us; and
Our main contact number is +35699999247 or you can email us at email@example.com
How to contact us
Please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Epic Communications Limited
SkyParks Business Centre
Malta International Airport
LQA 4000, Malta
Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information we collect about you
Information we collect about you
The types of information we may process about you when you use the Online Shop are:
- Your contact details, such as name, ID card or passport number, address, phone number, and email address;
- Your payment details, such as credit or debit card information and banking information;
- The types of goods and/or services you have purchased;
- Any contact you have with us such as calls to us or if you email us; and
- Your website browsing information, such as how you are using our website or your IP address.
When we collect your personal information
We can collect your personal data when you:
- Visit or browse the Online Shop;
- Purchase goods or services from us;
- Register your interest for future goods or services; or
- Contact us with a complaint or query.
Third party sources of data
Where necessary, we collect information from certain organisations. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies.
Epic will process your personal data based on:
- The performance of your contract or to enter into the contractand to take action on your requests. For example, we’ll need to process your payment details and billing address to be able to fulfil your purchase and send you the ordered products.
- Epic’s legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, direct marketing, and improvement of our services. Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they do not override your rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to this processing. For more information, visit the Your Rights section of this policy.
- Compliance with a mandatory legal obligation, including for example accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), procedures, and your right to restrict usage of your data, which control the scope of legal assistance to be provided; or
- Consent you providewhere Epic does not rely on another legal basis. Consent is always presented to you separately and you can withdraw your consent at any time.
How we use your personal information
- To provide you with your service
We use your information for service provision and to fulfil any purchases you have made:
- To process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with the progress of your order;
- To bill you for using our goods or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you;
- Contact you if the billing information you provided us with is about to expire or we’re not able to take payment;
- To respond to any questions or concerns you may have about our network, goods or services; and
- We will contact you with customer service messages to keep you updated with current information about goods or services you’ve purchased. For example, changes to our terms and conditions, or letting you know about the status of your order.
- Marketing and profiling
If you are opted into marketing and given us permission to use your data to tailor these communications, we’ll use your interactions with the Online Shop to inform the sorts of marketing we should be sending you so that it’s the most relevant for you. For example, if we can see that you have purchased a certain post-pay plan, we can make sure we don’t market that product to you again.
To opt out of Marketing messages or profiling:
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from Epic, you can select to opt out of all marketing communications or only selected methods (email, messaging, phone or post).
There are various ways to manage your marketing permissions and to opt out or into receiving personalised marketing:
- You can log into your My Account ( https://www.epic.com.mt/mypermissions ) from our website and clicking on My Profile, or
- visit any of our stores or
- call us on 247
Opting out does not mean that you won’t any longer receive service-related messages, such as messages telling you about your order status or when our Terms & Conditions change. You will still continue to receive those (unless we have indicated otherwise).
- Other profiling
Outside of the profiling we conduct for marketing purposes to tailor and personalise the communications we send, we also profile you for credit, fraud and security purposes.
This can sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have or are allowed to collect from others. The goal is to make the decisions as quick, efficient, fair and correct as possible, based on what we know. It can affect the goods or services we may offer you now or in the future.
- If you are not already our customer, we will use your personal information for identity verification purposes. We sometimes supplement the information we collect about you with information from other sources.
- We will process your personal data in order to protect against and detect fraud, and to recover debts or trace those who owe us money resulting from the use of our services.
How we share your personal information
Where applicable, we share information about you with:
- Partners, suppliers or agents involved in delivering the goods or services you’ve ordered or used;
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, or on our behalf;
- Credit reference, fraud-prevention or business-scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
- Debt collection agencies or other debt-recovery organisations;
- Law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law; or
- A third party or body where such disclosure is required to satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement.
We also share aggregate performance information with third party partners to understand how products and offerings are performing commercially. For example, if we know that certain products are selling well, we can focus on delivering more of the same. This information does not identify you personally.
International data transfers
We may need to transfer your information to other third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of countries in the European Union, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway: they are considered to have equivalent laws when it comes to data protection and privacy. This kind of data transfer may happen if our servers (i.e. where we store data) or our suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
If we send your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. In addition, if the country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards then we will ask the third party to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
How long we keep your personal information for
We’ll store and process your information for as long as we have to by law or as long as we need to be able to deliver you the services you have requested. We’ll keep some personal information for a reasonable period after your contract with us has finished in case you decide to use our services again. We, or one of our partners, may contact you about our services during this time if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us. Once these bases have expired, we’ll delete that information.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have specialised security teams who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
We’ll never ask for your secure personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication. You’re responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
Our Online Shop may provide links to third-party websites. We cannot be responsible for the security and content of such third-party websites. So make sure you read that third party’s privacy and cookies policies before using or putting your personal information on their site.
The same applies to any third-party websites or content you connect to using our goods or services.
You may choose to disclose your information in certain ways such as social plug-ins (including those offered by Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest) or using third-party services that allow you to post reviews or other information publicly, and a third party could use that information.