Information for people travelling to the USA
Plan your trip to the USA
On February 22, 2022, the American operator AT&T is shutting down its 3G mobile network throughout the United States.
From this date, in anticipation of your future travels and to be able to continue to make calls, send SMS or browse the Internet whilst in the United States*, we recommend you switch to the T-MOBILE network as soon as you arrive in the USA.
*Uses such as WhatsApp, FaceTime and Messenger will remain accessible on the AT&T’s network, however you will not be able to make or receive calls whilst roaming on the AT&T network in USA.
What should I do?
Basically you have 2 options to continue benefitting from full service in the USA:
- Option 1: you activate the VoLTE function on your device, which allows to make calls using the 4G network instead of 3G.
- Option 2: if your device is not compatible with VoLTE, then you can switch networks and use T-Mobile as soon as you land in the USA.
How do I switch to the T-MOBILE network?
You can manually search for a network by following these instructions:
1. Go to the Settings menu on your phone and select “Mobile Data”
2. Choose “Network Selection”
3. Disable “Automatic”
4. Pick “T-MOBILE”
1. Go to the Settings menu on your phone and select “Connections”
2. Choose Mobile Networks
3. Go to Network operators
4. Disable “Automatic”
5. Pick “T-MOBILE”
How to check that your smartphone is on the T-MOBILE network?
The name of the T-MOBILE network should appear on the home screen of your smartphone.