At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. With us you will be given great benefits and working conditions.
At epic you will not just be joining, you will be adding! We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team!
The Voice Core Networks Engineer shall form part of a team, responsible of the Voice Core Network Mobile and Fixed infrastructure design, implementation and support within Epic Malta.
We are looking for an individual who has the right enthusiasm for new technologies in the telecommunications sector to embark with us on this exciting journey.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Responsibility for voice networks infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Configuration and testing of Voice Core Nodes and interfaces to all interconnected network/IT nodes.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of new projects.
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades/preventive maintenance and/or assist turnkey suppliers where applicable, ensuring a smooth transition and launch of new services.
- Liaise with other teams within Epic in order to carry out the support function.
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- Participate in an on-call roster
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Possession of an MQF level 6 or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, ICT or other related Technology area.
- Analytical approach to operational issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class-based and on the job training.
- Embody our ‘One Team’ value by being a great team player
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Able to integrate and work well in a team.