At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining, you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
The TechOps Engineer will be responsible for the smooth operations of critical production IT platforms and applications. The role provides the opportunity to apply advanced IT skills in a telecoms IT environment by resolving technical issues raised by the technical front-line, as well as provides exposure to various technologies including (but not limited to) GrayLog, GitLab, JIRA, Docker, Ansible, Python (and other scripting languages), SQL/PLSQL, Nagios, Grafana and Linux/Windows systems.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Planning and implementing business and operational projects according to their requirements
- Resolve any outstanding issues within defined SLAs and involvement in subsequent problem management exercises
- Implement supporting database and middleware capabilities to support software module development and operations
- Perform black/grey box testing to identify and escalate bugs to the respective software development team
- Research and test new technologies with the aim to keep innovation on the forefront across our systems
- Implement and test disaster recovery scenarios including backup/restore and OS/Application cluster solutions
- Roaster based 24/7 on-call responsibilities.
Functional & Technical Skills:
- System KPI monitoring and analysis to pin point improvements
- Working knowledge of database technologies
- Working knowledge of scripting and/or programming languages with the aim to increase system efficiency, lower human intervention time on any tasks as well as implement self-healing mechanisms to eliminate or reduce service downtime
- Working knowledge in supporting and maintaining Java Applications
- Working knowledge using Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX & Linux, OS base scripting
- Basic knowledge with Micro-Service architecture
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP network protocol
Behaviour and Competencies:
- Flexible to deal with changing priorities and projects in a short space of time
- Strong time-management skills and capable to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practice and technology developments and innovation into day-to-day working
- Excellent analytical skills
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Good understanding of the company’s organisational goals, and desired product business outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate technical concepts into simple and actionable practices
- Excellent documentation skills with the aim to keep the team’s knowledge base updated with newly introduced processes or procedures
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field
- Good understanding of IT management concepts, ideally familiar with ITIL concepts
- At least two-year previous experience as a system engineer and/or Devops engineer