At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining, you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the analysis and process architecture of the company’s IT estate and the various modules within it, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business whilst complying to agreed technical standards
- Performs business analysis and elicit requirements for projects requested by the business, liaising with all business stakeholders and technology stakeholders
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements and translate them into functional specifications.
- Researches and documents possible solutions for business requests, evaluating the possibilities of using off-the-shelf products, in-house developed products or outsourced to third-parties, after consulting with all stakeholders. In the latter case, ensures that third-parties adhere to epic standards;
- Selects, in collaboration with the business owner and Technical Architect, the best option and documents the final solution clearly and effectively to produce detailed functional specifications that can be handed over to the development team or selected third party;
- Participates in decision processes related to shared services design and build (e.g. databases and middleware) and internal tooling.
- Actively participates in internal and external project teams, representing the technology department;
- Undertakes to promote teamwork and commitment with peers and other departments;
- Keeps up-to-date with industry developments, ensuring that best practice is adopted and seeks to increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings with stakeholders to manage projects, when required
- University degree in IT, engineering or related discipline;
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a Solutions Architect, IT business analyst or Product Owner (SCRUM);
- Alternatively, at least 3 years experience working in business analysis or a demand function, liaising with both technically-oriented and non-technically-oriented clients; Will also consider candidates having a working experience within a software development function specifically within the business analysis and design phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to find the correct solution for complex business problems.
- Customer-driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and inspire others to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Working Knowledge of open source projects, software development methodologies and micro services architecture