At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
The Roaming Technical Operations Technician in a Telecommunications company plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation and optimization of roaming services. They provide testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities related to roaming networks, agreements, and interconnections. This role requires a strong understanding of telecommunications networks, roaming protocols, and industry standards.
- Involvement in coordination and execution of the IREG and TADIG testing processes.
- Responsible for the updating and maintaining of data on the roaming related nodes.
- Maintain necessary documentation, SIM cards and procedures in relation to roaming.
- Maintain and upkeep of related roaming statistics.
- Monitor network performance related statistics and liaise with Roaming Technical Operations Manager for corrective actions.
- Investigate and provide corrective actions to roaming related faults.
- Support SMS Aggregator business in fault resolution.
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma in one of the following areas: Computing, IT, Systems Development, Engineering or Communications.
- Interest/knowledge in PHP, MySQL, OOP and HTML is considered as an asset.
- Positive Mental Attitude, eager to learn and open to a rapidly changing environment.
- An analytical approach to operational issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interaction skills.
Preferred Requirements (If Any):
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is an added bonus.