Team/Function/Department: Radio Networks/Networks/Technology
At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
The Radio Networks Team are responsible for the design, commissioning, optimization and end-to-end quality of EPIC mobile radio access networks which has been awarded multiple best network awards. As a radio network system engineer you will have the opportunity to contribute towards the further development of EPIC network whilst working on next generation wireless technologies.
- Responsibility of EPIC mobile radio access networks nodes and associated O&M platforms.
- Conduct configuration and commissioning activities of the 2G/3G/4G radio base station systems and access network elements.
- Participate in the design, testing, implementation and maintenance of new radio and access network elements including general system administration (backup, user access, system monitoring, disaster recovery operation and test lab maintenance).
- Assist the radio planning and optimisation engineers in the planning, optimisation and dimensioning of the radio and access network nodes and controllers to ensure adequate quality of service.
- Assist in the budget preparation of all elements related to radio and access network nodes.
- Provide support to field technicians/NOC in the troubleshooting of radio and access network systems.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades/preventive maintenance across the 2G/3G/4G radio network elements in conjunction with vendor and supporting teams in order to ensure service uptime and introduce new functionalities in the mobile network.
- Liaise with other teams in order to carry out the support function.
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable.
- Participate in an on-call roster
- Possession of an MQF level 6 or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering of ICT
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications.
- An analytical approach to operational issues coupled with strong troubleshooting, organisational and communication skills
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class based and on the job training.
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
- 1-2 years of work experience in a network engineering capacity
- Technical skills in radio system engineering, IP and troubleshooting preferably in a telecoms environment.
- CCNA certification or willing to obtain it within 6 months of employment.