At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
We are looking for a Radio Base Station (RBS) field technician who will work in a team that carries out maintenance and servicing of equipment related to radio base stations, transmission and fibre optic networks. The person is expected to work on a roster system of call out.
Upkeep of Radio Base Station (RBS) sites.
- To carry out regular maintenance of all RBS sites.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all RBS equipment.
Upkeep of the transmission equipment.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all transmission equipment.
Work on fibre optic network and systems.
- Configuration and commission of fibre optic networks on RBS sites.
- Configuration and commissioning of fibre optic networks for corporate clients.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on fibre optic equipment.
- To carry out installation of RBS hardware on sites (including, but not exclusively, poles, cable trays, cables, antenna panels, microwave links and equipment cabinets).
Work at height
- Willing to work at heights (especially, but not exclusively, on telecom towers).
- Undergo training and certification courses for working at heights as per company policy.
- Undergo periodical medical examinations, as per company policy, to ensure physical fitness for working at heights.
- Faults occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required. Such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to systems and equipment is effectively on a 24/7 basis.
- MCAST BTEC national diploma, or equivalent, in telecommunications or electronics.
- Familiarity with common software packages like MSexcel, MSword and MSaccess considered an asset.
- A valid driving licence.
- Familiarity with Autocad considered an asset.
- Previous work in a telecommunications environment considered an asset.
- Possession of Cisco CCNA certification considered an asset.
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies.
- Must be a strong team player but equally capable to work alone as the situation my require.
- Forthcoming in demanding situations.
- Capable to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Reliable, trustworthy and dependable.