At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. With us you will be given great benefits and working conditions.
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
You will not just be joining, you will be adding as someone that from part of the Data Team and carry out designated Tasks & Operations within EPIC Malta.
Key Activities / Decision Areas
- Liaise, inspect and supervise work done by external contractors.
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems.
- Maintain routine maintenance records.
- Sourcing of and negotiation with suppliers for requisition supplies and parts.
- Carry out thermographic inspection of electrical distribution panels and other equipment.
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations.
- Manage security systems, CCTV, intruder alarm, access control, and biometric access.
- Preparation of PDU’s in racks.
- Perform routine generators test.
- Supervise 3rd party Co-location customers.
- On call support.
- Other assigned tasks as requested
- Strong ability to define problems, determine facts, and draw accurate conclusions.
- Demonstrate commitment, dedication, cooperation, positive behaviour, adaptability, and flexibility with changes in jobs duties.
- Be a team player.
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
Technical / Professional Expertise
- Holds Enemalta Wireman’s Licence A and, preferably, Licence B.
- An MCAST certificate and/or Diploma in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering would be considered an asset.
- Proven experience as an electrician.
- Basic Knowledge of DC supply.
- Basic Knowledge of HVAC.
- Basic Knowledge of UPS.
- Basic knowledge of Generators.
- Be computer literate (word document, database and spreadsheet applications).
- Experience in maintenance management of Data Centres would be considered an asset.
- Be in possession of a valid driving licence.