At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. With us you will be given great benefits and working conditions.
At epic you will not just be joining, you will be adding! We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
The Network engineers are in charge of the whole network of Epic Communications Ltd. The Network engineer is responsible for providing end-to-end connectivity to the organisation’s mission-critical fixed and cellular network elements, IT infrastructure, upstream service providers, enterprise customers and other third-parties.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to experience latest and emergent technologies including carrier-grade routers, switches, security devices and network virtualization.
Adequate training and coaching will be provided to develop the required skills.
- Participate in the design, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of Epic’s Network as required. Placing importance on high-availability and security by design is a must.
- Analyse statistics, logs and alarms from network monitoring systems to maintain network health and take preventive actions as appropriate.
- Assist the Networks Manager in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades.
- Assist the Networks Manager in budget planning for the network.
- Assist in new projects assigned to the Networks team.
- Collaborate with team members and other teams in operations and projects.
- Identify key areas of improvement.
- Automate repetitive tasks where appropriate using scripting techniques.
- Research and keep abreast on new technologies.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers as required.
- Liaise with other teams in order to carry out the support function.
- Upkeep of proper documentation.
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- Possession of a MQF level 6 qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering / Science.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be willing to work in a team.
- CCNA certification or willing to obtain it within 6 months of employment.
- Ideally 1 – 2 years of work experience in a Network Engineering capacity but newly graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- CCNP certification specializing in Routing and Switching or Service Provider.
- Technical skills in IP/MPLS routing, switching, Linux or scripting languages.
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class-based and on the job training.