At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
Planning and co-ordination of civil works, identification of Health and Safety hazards, upgrade of equipment and power on RBS sites and Total Telco Clients.
Planning of new RBS sites.
- Attend on-site meetings, as scheduled by Site Acquisition Co-ordinator, for construction of new RBS sites.
- Evaluation of suitability of new location for use as an RBS site.
- Planning of power cable and earth tape routing on new RBS sites.
- Co-ordination with civil engineer on all aspects of construction works on RBS sites.
- Identification of safety hazards and planning of corrective actions on new RBS sites.
- Co-ordination of contractor works during construction of new RBS sites.
- Plan site visits to verify quality of construction work and to ensure that all completed civil work are as per site plans prepared by civil engineer.
Civil works on operational RBS sites.
- Co-ordination of contractors during civil works on operational RBS sites.
- Co-ordination with civil engineer on all aspects of construction works required to upgrade operational sites.
- Upgrade of mains power source.
- Modernisation of equipment on existing sites.
Total Telco Clients.
- Participate in on-site visits of new Total Telco Clients to plan cable routing and equipment location.
- Identification of safety hazards and planning of corrective actions on Total Telco Client sites.
- Co-ordination of construction works on new or existing Total Telco Clients.
- Participate in meetings to plan and schedule work on new RBS sites, Total Telco Clients and rollout of Fibre Optic network.
- Assess network requirements for new or operational RBS sites and Total Telco Clients.
- Issue material (equipment and ancillary HW) to contractors for construction or upgrade of RBS sites and Total Telco Clients.
- Tracking material stock and liaising with Radio Team on use of material and ordering to maintain adequate stock levels.
Work at height.
- Willing to work at heights (especially, but not exclusively, on telecom towers).
- Undergo training and certification courses for working at heights as per company policy.
- Undergo periodical medical examinations, as per company policy, to ensure physical fitness for working at heights.
- Issues occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required. Such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to contractors is available also outside office hours.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- Technician certificate in telecommunications or electronics or equivalent. Alternatively, hands-on experience working in a telecommunications/electronics environment.
- Familiarity with common software packages such as MS applications are considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Autocad considered an asset.
- Possession of Cisco CCNA certification considered an asset.
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset.