At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
Fixed Networks Planner will be responsible for coordinating the roll-out, expansion and maintenance activities of Epic’s Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) Broadband Network by liaising with the internal FTTH design team, field team as well as with the engaged contractors to make sure that the network is built as per established design.
The role will give the successful candidate exposure and experience on how an internet network is designed, built and operated.
- Coordination of FTTH Network Roll-Out
- Providing Technical Support for FTTH Roll-Out and Service Fibre drops
- Troubleshooting Network Roll-Out Issues with Contractors
- Coordination & Support for FTTH Network Maintenance and Repair
- Coordination of new Drop Point (DP) installations in Rolled-Out Areas
- Coordination of DP Shifts in Rolled-Out Areas
- Performing Site Visits with Contractors & Building Administrators for the installation of FTTH into Multi Dwelling Units (MDUs)
- Ordering and Management of FTTH material
- Support in Designing new FTTH Network on GIS systems and through site visits
- Support in Designing & Updating FTTH Network Shifts/Repairs/new MDUs & DPs on GIS
- Involvement in other tasks assigned to the Fixed team.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Good understanding of engineering and networking concepts
- Diploma in IT or Networking would be considered an asset
- CCNA certification would be considered an asset
- An analytical approach to operational issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Eager to learn new competencies through both class-based and on the job training
- Availability for On-Call Rotation
- Valid driving license