As a Fixed Network Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for the deployment of the latest Fibre Passive Optical Network technology to deliver internet connections nationwide to both consumer and business segments.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Design and operate equipment delivering broadband internet via fibre.
• Responsible as part of a team for fibre PON equipment installed in a number of locations in the network.
• Help planning team design the fibre network to provide optimal coverage of residential and business areas through the use of a GIS system.
• Research network solutions, evaluating technical possibilities, building and running network services and documenting procedures.
• Liaise with other Technology, Business and Marketing teams within the organization to help deliver and run new products.
• Manage the relationship with 3rd party companies and network vendors engaged to provide support.
• Carry out the necessary root cause analysis to identify and solve operational issues.
• Help with the management of tasks assigned to a team of technicians providing support for fixed consumer and business services
• Involvement in other tasks assigned to the Fixed Team
• Carry the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary
• MQF Level 6 certification in Electrical Engineering or ICT
• CCNA certification or willing to obtain it
• Experience in fibre PON architecture is considered an asset
• Good understanding of engineering and networking concepts
• Team player
• Analytical approach to operational issues
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Eager to learn new competencies through both class based and on the job training
• Valid driving license