At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
To form part of the fibre rollout and fibre network maintenance team.
Reports to: Fixed Networks Deployment Operations Manager.
- Splicing of fibre optic cable.
- Preparation of fibre optic cable.
- Splicing of fibre cables.
- Work both indoors and outdoors (in streets and roads).
- Splicing of fibre in ODFs and joints.
- Testing of finished spliced joints using OTDR or power tester and interpretation of results.
- Liaise with Transport Malta’s (by using Transport Permit System (TPS) or emails) to monitor submission of roadworks permit applications by third parties and share information regarding Epic Communications Limited’s infrastructure location with respect to proposed works.
- Marking of underground infrastructure.
- Surface marking of Epic Communications Limited’s underground infrastructure to indicate to third parties location of underground services.
- Reading and interpretation of as-built drawings.
- Measurement of existing underground infrastructure.
- Supervision of contractor works.
- Supervise Epic Communications Limited’s contractors so that work proceeds according to Epic Communications Limited’s establish work procedures, H & S guidelines and in line with Risk Assessment submitted prior to start of works.
- Supervise ongoing contractor works and verify that works are proceeding according to Epic Communications Limited’s specifications and scheduling. Report back on progress of works. Specifically, to make sure that all contracted parties uphold and implement Epic Communications Limited strict H&S standards
- Required to work on 247 on-call roster basis.
- Possession of a valid driving licence (preferably class C1+E).
- Ability to read and interpret maps and as-built drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Familiarity with common software packages like MSexcel, MSword and MSaccess considered an asset.
- Experience with splicing of fibre optic cables considered an asset.
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new work methods and techniques.
- Must be a strong team player but equally capable to work alone as the situation my require.
- Forthcoming in demanding situations.
- Capable to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Reliable, trustworthy and dependable.