At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. With us you will be given great benefits and working conditions.
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team. You will not just be joining, you will be adding as someone renewing customer contracts and with up-selling skills.
We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about whilst providing great benefits and working conditions.
Forming part of the Software Delivery team, the role of the DevOps Engineer is to build, test and maintain the infrastructure and tools to speed up and automate aspects of the software release life cycle.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Continue to build our portfolio of DevOps processes, practices and tools to empower and support software delivery teams
- Work side by side with software developers to develop and deploy automated test scripts within our CI/CD pipeline
- Ensure availability, scalability and monitoring of critical systems and applications
- Maintain infrastructure appliances such as load balancers
- Monitor, maintain and improve the governance of existing databases (Oracle / MySQL / MSSQL).
Behaviour and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop solutions
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong creativity, problems solving skills and ability to apply original thinking to produce new ideas and innovative solutions
- Strong collaboration skills that enable coordination of activities between technical teams
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practices and technology developments into day-to-day working
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills rapidly
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying DevOps toolchains to support continuous integration and delivery using a variety of technologies
- Experience with different operating systems, especially Linux will be considered an asset
- Experience with virtualisation and orchestration technologies, such as VMWare, Open Stack, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience in building and maintaining workflows on a variety of systems, mainly GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience in working with RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL, PostgreSQL & MSSQL and will be considered as an asset.
- Object oriented programming and scripting experience will be considered an asset