At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining, you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
About the role
The role will be with the BI, Fraud and Revenue Assurance Team in Finance. The team is responsible for the company’s data warehouse, all the data requests, fraud, revenue assurance and ERP.
The exciting part of this new role is that you will be involved in the creation of a new data warehouse from the get-go, together with our partners in Monaco. You will therefore be exposed to two data warehouses using different technologies and the learning opportunity is not to be missed.
In the longer term the role will be focusing on expanding, improving and maintaining the data streams through new projects and ongoing business requirements.
All this apart from the wealth of knowledge on the telecoms industry the role provides within the existing team.
- Gain good knowledge on the company’s data sources to be integrated into the data warehouse
- Work together with other developers to build a new data warehouse
- Be the technical expert in Malta on the data warehouse and propose new tools and working methods
- Take the lead and be the first point of contact of BI on new company projects that need business reporting
- Work closely with team members and business stakeholders to produce meaningful data, applications and reports
- Assist in data validation
- Gain knowledge on the existing datawarehouse and applications used
- Get a good understanding of the current front-end environment and tools used.
- Learn and understand how legacy / current flows operate to build simpler and better ones
- Ability to assist in database administration issues is nice to have
- Shell scripting
- Oracle and open source ETL/ELT data integration tools
- Top database management systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Various BI front-end and visualisation tools
Behaviour and competencies
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop solutions
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills rapidly
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong creativity and problem-solving skills
- Data curiosity
- Self-learning ability
Credentials and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or another related field
- Previous experience in a data, BI or software development environment
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and concepts
- Good knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and Python
- Good knowledge of a data integration tool such as Talend
- Experience with different operating systems, especially Linux, will be considered an asset
- Experience in shell scripting, Oracle and PostgreSQL will be considered an asset
- Experience in telecoms will be considered an asset
- Experience in database administration will be considered an asset
- Hybrid and flexible work environment
- Modern open plan office space
- Health insurance
- Free company services
- Free parking
- Social events and team building
- Referral program with paid compensation