At epic we are driven by autonomy, efficiency, and innovation, as we believe that these elements pave the way to epic craft! We empower our employees to work on things that they are passionate about. You will not just be joining; you will be adding!
We pride ourselves on delivering Great Network for Great Value to our customers and we do so through focusing on the customer, collaborating as one team.
About the role
As an ideal candidate, the Product Owner will have a keen eye for gaps in B2B product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them. In fact you shall be responsible for both product strategic and tactical planning and product marketing. This includes you having a proven ability to strategize the full lifecycle of product production — from conception through release with gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working with product design, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales and brand to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. You’ll also ensure that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals. You may already be a confident leader who has experience guiding cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve consumer experience and grow market share.
- Be in touch with the market and truly understand the Business landscape to be able to lead the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Analyse business consumer needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships to strength Epic for Business
- Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
- Develop, implement, and maintain marketing timelines across multiple departments
- Develop tactical product offerings and sales commissions/ competitions to reach P&L targets
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Execute of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, product roadmap development, product requirements and launch
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases and pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals, high-level use cases and high-level product requirements.
- Analyse market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans, together with being an expert with respect to the competition
- Collaborate closely with product design, brand, and sales teams on the development and release of products
- Obtain product market share by working with head of sales to develop product sales strategies.
- Develop product core positioning and messaging that differentiates the company and its features across primary market segments
- Closely monitor daily performance against targets and devise plans/ offers/ commission strategies/ product positioning in direct and resellers market with the aim to reach set goals.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product customer sales and revenue forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
Credentials and experience:
- Experience in B2B environment – software/consultancy/other
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority